Possibly the most innovative outdoor gadget to hit the market in years! Introducing the all singing and dancing 'BioLite' CampStove.
"Winner of the 2012 Tech Awards, Innovation by Design Awards, and OWPG Derryck Draper Award, BioLite continues its mission to create world changing products that give people access to energy through applying efficient designs to real-world challenges"
The BioLite cooking stove is simply ingenious. BioLite makes outdoor cooking fun by using natural clean twigs, pinecones and other woods as fuel to feed the fire that cooks your meal, whilst providing electricity to charge small devices such as mobile phones, tablets and LED lights, all off-grid. This on-demand method of providing power is far more reliable and efficient than solar power, and reduces your carbon footprint by eliminating the use of mass-produced fuels, and also eliminates gas cans, which would otherwise end up as waste.
This slick-looking new stove removes the need to carry potentially dangerous fuels, such as a gas or liquid fuels. Instead you can rely on the natural materials which are easily found around us. BioLite's CampStove is an invaluable companion on camping trips and in emergency scenarios, such as natural disasters, providing warmth, free electricity and of course the ability to cook meals outside.
Keep one at home for when the power fails and you need to keep communications up and food on the table! An ideal gift for preppers!
How it works
Using BioLite's patent-pending thermoelectric technology (heat-to-electricity), BioLite Stoves converts heat to electricity that powers a fan to make the fire ultra-efficient. Extra electricity can be used to charge small electronics like mobile phones and LED lights.
iPhone not included.
- Packed Size Height 8.25 inches, Width 5 inches
- Weight 935 grams
- Fuel Renewable biomass (twigs, pinecones, wood pellets, etc.)
- Fire Power Output Peak: 3.4 kW (LO), 5.5 kW (HI)
- USB Power Output Max continuous: 2W @5V, Peak: 4W @5V
- Compatible Devices Powers most USB-chargeable devices including smartphones.
- Charging Time iPhone 4S (2G): 20 minutes of charging provides 60 minutes of talk time.
- Charging times vary by device and by strength of fire.
- Boil Time 4.5 minutes to boil 1 litre of water. Varies based on strength of fire.
- Fuel Quantity 1.6oz (46g) of wood to boil 1 L of water
In the box BioLite Stove
- Stuff Sack
- USB Cord (for internal battery charging)