DD SuperLight Jungle Hammock
The DD SuperLight Jungle Hammock is a fantastic and very high-spec modular Jungle Hammock which has recently been re-designed from the floor up to make it 25% lighter than the previous model. Utilizing super light poles at either end, the hammock is incredibly roomy and comfortable inside.
The two layer design allows for added insulation by means of a Thermarest or foam camping mat to be inserted between the two layers if you need added warmth.
After you've familiarised yourself with the set-up instructions it is quick and straightforward to set up for a night of rest after a long trek in the wilderness.
DD SuperLight Jungle Hammock Features
There are three core layers:
1. The hammock which features a double layer and comes complete with a lightweight whoopie sling suspension attached.
2. The second layer, and depending on your chosen location, possibly the most important one is the mosquito net which is detachable.
3. The third layer is multi-use and may be used as a waterproof layer on the ground (bivi), but as it is completely detachable it may be used above theHammock as a compact tarpaulin.
As already mentioned, the DD SuperLight Jungle Hammock is also supplied with full width spreader poles, which if used (optional) provide a much more spacious interior to your new hammock.Versatile and Incredibly Light Hammock.
If you decide you need to travel without a rucksack, you can simply remove the hammock and suspension and carry it in your pocket.
With the DD SuperLight Jungle Hammock there are several options in terms of set-up:
1. With mosquito net in position (also midge proof!)
2. Mosquito net tied above (drown down if required)
3. Mosquito net removed for full freedom
4. Waterproof layer used as a tarp
5. Waterproof layer used on the ground as a bivi (fully waterproof)
Hammock (2 layers) + Whoopie Slings: 570g
Mosquito Net: 380g
Waterproof Layer: 210g
Tree Huggers, Karabiners, Elastic + Bag: 150g